tomcat-users mailing list archives

From java program <asdf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Q] Session invalidation and authentication mechanism
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:57:31 GMT
Hello
Is it a good way of doing authentication?

I make authentication with database for
userid/password, if in session some attribute is not
set. like "user.logged" and each entry point has to
check this before continue. Is it a good way of doing
authentication?
In My case I don't have to invalidate complete session
but only that attribute.

offcourse I will assume that my application will run
under SSL etc., which still I have to check.

comments!!!
/uma
asdf834@yahoo.com