tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hoi Fai Leung <chmikean...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [RE: simple questions]
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:15:55 GMT
You have to set the classpath to point to the jar files.

If you are working on a NT machine:
1) on the desktop, right clike 'My Computer' and choose properties.
2) choose the 'Environment' tab, you will see a list of variables under 'User
Variables for Administrator.'
3) if you see the variable, 'classpath,' click on it and append the value at
the bottom.  Otherwise, just type 'classpath' at the 'Variable' text box and
type in the path that point to the jar files (e.g. C:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar).
If you have more than one path, just separate them by ';'
4) click 'Set' button after typing.

According to documentation that comes with JDK, during compile time, one of
the first place JVM looks for classes is classpath.  If you have a class
edu.upenn.myClass, you can put it at C:\JavaPackages\edu\upenn\myClass.   As
long as one of you classpath point to C:\JavaPackages, both tomcat and JDK
will see it.

I really like this feature of tomcat, because when I was using JServ, I have
to set a path in each .properties file.

Hope it helps,
Hoi