tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lee Storey" <l.sto...@ardeo.com>
Subject RE: simple questions
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:58:02 GMT
try putting jars in web-inf/lib under the context, i found this works -
though if there is a better way (for common across all contexts) i would
appreciate advise , multiple copies of the javax.mail jars is irritating me
!!

lee

-----Original Message-----
From: Shu Yan Chan (UK) [mailto:shuyan.chan@eu.citrix.com]
Sent: 10 August 2000 17:54
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: simple questions

I managed to set up Tomcat with Apache on Linux
but when I tried to do the same on NT IIS, I was stuck:
1)  in Linux + apache, I have detailed documentation on how to modify
various conf and properties files, but on NT, I can't found any useful
information.
Are all config being done via modifying those XML files?
On one combination, I managed to get servlets(and the context it belongs to)
living outsite the Tomcat home directory. But when I tried to set this up
again on antoher machine, I realised that I do not know how I achieved that
in the first machine!  I can get Tomcat to display the static page but not
servlet.  Are sevlets supposed to be stored in the WEB-INF\classes or
WEB-INF\servlets sub directory of the context?  SHouldn't it be a way to
specify which directory it is lviing in?
By default, I guess anything after /servlet/ will be treated as servlet and
looked up from the directory mentioned above, but can I specify more in NT?
e.g. like /user/servlet/ , etc?
The way to do it in Linux does not seems to work on my NT machin

2) How to add jar files to the classpath in NT?  if it is class files, I
know I should put them in the classes directory under the home directory of
Tomcat.  But it would not work on jars.  Putting them on Libs do not seems
to work neither.

Thanks.
Yours,
Shu Yan