tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vamsi_Ayyag...@Dell.com
Subject Help! Cannot Get Tomcat to invoke my servlets
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:21:32 GMT
Hi,
I am unable to get my  servlets to run using Tomcat.  Here is what I did to
configure my servlet. Please let me know where I am going wrong.

I did the following to register my servlet with Tomcat:

1. Created my servlet directory "Login" in %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\
2. Created a entry in ContextManager tag in server.xml file in
%TOMCAT_HOME%\conf directory as shown below

        <Context path="/Login" docBase="webapps/Login" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

3. Created web.xml file in %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\Login\Web-inf directory
with the following entry for my servlet in servlet tag
        <servlet-name>
            Maverick
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            wwstat.gad.workflow.gui.web.LoginServlet
	  </servlet-class>
4. Copied LoginServlet.class file to
%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\Login\Web-inf\classes\wwstat\gad\workflow\gui\web
directory

5. Created a Login.htm in %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\Login directory which
redirects to the serlvet by "/servlet/Maverick" upon sumbmit.

I appreciate your help.
Thanks
Vamsi