tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "KTJ Music" <at...@ktjmusic.com>
Subject Re: fatal error on startup
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 20:38:00 GMT
ok, i see it trying to respond on 8080 for web requests and 8443 for
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler
and those are the only 2 that I see in there.
8080 is being used by apache but 8443 doest show up when I do a nestat -a
and I still get the following error when trying to start tomcat:
FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address already in use
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:414)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:182)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:132)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(Default
ServerSocketFactory.java:97)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoi
nt.java:235)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.jav
a:187)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:450)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:204)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:237)

Any ideas there?