tomcat-users mailing list archives

From D Kalyan Srinivas <...@india.dharma.com>
Subject Help required
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:36:08 GMT
Hello,

My name is D Kalyan Srinivas. Iam working as a Senior Software Engineer in
the Java group of Dharma Computers, Bangalore.

Iam  facing a problem which I will be very happy if it gets solved.

I have downloaded Tomcat v 3.1 Release Build and am trying to run it on
WinNT or Win95. As per the document given in doc/uguide, I have set two
environment variables,

set TOMCAT_HOME = d:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat (the directory where i have
tomcat installed)
set JAVA_HOME = d:\jdk1.2 (directory where I have JDK 1.2)

I then tried to run startup.bat in the bin directory, Iam getting this
exception -:

This is the classpath -:

Using classpath:
D:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat\classes;D:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat\lib\w
ebserver.jar;D:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat\lib\jasper.jar;D:\tomcat\jakarta-t
omcat\li
b\xml.jar;D:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;d:\jdk1.2\lib\tools.j
ar;d:\sw
ing1.1.1\swingall.jar;D:\applink\classes;D:\applink\tst;.;d:\java_tut\mo
cha.zip;
D:\tsb\sap;d:\tsb\SAP\JRFC\Client\classes;d:\anupam;D:\SAP_CLASSES;D:\SA
P_CLASSE
S\applinkforSAP;D:\applink\avc;D:\applink\avc\walldata;d:\j2ee\lib\j2ee.jar

This is the exception -:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org/apache/tomcat/service/http/HttpConnectionHandler
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector.setProperty(SimpleTcpCon
nector.java:180)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.MethodSetter.end(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.matchEnd(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.endElement(XmlMapper.java:96)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeElement(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.content(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeElement(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.content(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeElement(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.content(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeElement(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parseInternal(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:283)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:198)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:143)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:163)

Can you please tell me how to solve this and get tomcat running up.

Iam under a lot of pressure and I request you to please give me a solution
for this ASAP.

WAITING VERY VERY EAGERLY FOR A SOLUTION

regards,
Kalyan

D. Kalyan Srinivas
Senior Software Engineer