tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Buroff" <...@lucent.com>
Subject Re: tomcat won't find my servlets ;-(((
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 13:59:09 GMT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Matt Goss
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 9:22 AM
  Subject: Re: tomcat won't find my servlets ;-(((

  Mike,
  the apjservmount is used to tell apache to go to tomcat for anything
  inside a specific context (ie http://mydomain/mycontextname/ gets sent
  to tomcat)

Does this mean it will also go to tomcat for .html pages? If so, is there a
way to change that so Apache handles the html and Tomcat the servlets
and .jsp files? TIA

Steve Buroff

  The web.xml is used for servlet mappings and such.... for instance:
  If you have a servlet  (myservlet) in a packege (com.blah.foo.servlets)
  you need a mapping in the web.xml that looks like this:
  <servlet>
          <servlet-name>myservlet</servlet-name>
          <servlet-class>com.blah.foo.servlets.myservlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  then you can access the servlet vi the url:
  http://www.mydomain.com/mycontextname/servlet/myservlet
  :) hope this helps
  Matt Goss