tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Craig Anderson <cr...@netstatresources.com>
Subject Still Problems With webapps autosetup.
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:07:03 GMT
Well...

	I had a problem with the apps in $TOMCATHOME/webapps automatically
starting with the server. The problem was I did not want them to start ever.
First I tried commenting out this line in the server.xml file.

<ContextInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.context.AutoSetup" />

	This results in the following error when trying to start tomcat.

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleError(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:566)
        at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.run(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

	Then I tried removing the apps from the webapps directory and the
server would no longer run my app at server.domain.com/admin/index.jsp and
the following error was encountered.

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleError(Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:566)
        at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.run(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

	Any ideas?

Craig Anderson
Director of Internet Services
Netstat Resources, LLC.