tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Craig Anderson <cr...@netstatresources.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat & Apache
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:35:16 GMT
Mitch -

	In your server.xml file in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf there is are two
directives for ports to listen on. One is 8007 to handle servlets and the
other is 8080 to handle http requests. I just removed the directive
pertaining to 8080. I am not sure if this is all you have to do but it did
stop tomcat from listening on 8080. If anyone knows of anything else you
should do please post it but I do not think that there is.

Craig Anderson
Director of Internet Services
Netstat Resources, LLC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitch Christensen [mailto:mitch_christensen@centegy.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 10:40 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat & Apache

Hi,

We have Tomcat working behind Apache (out-of-process).  Works fine, but I
notice
that Tomcat continues to operate in standalone mode, listening on 8080 as
well.

Is there any way to have Tomcat run solely as a servlet/JSP engine, and turn
off
the HTTP processing?

-Mitch

PS I did check the FAQ & docs, peraps I missed it?