tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Graham Stewart" <GrahamStew...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Session problems
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:02:30 GMT
Session problems
As far as I'm aware invalidate() marks the session as invalid and unbinds all objects associated
with the session.

Graham

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: S.Zeeh@spmv.de
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 11:50 AM
  Subject: Session problems

  Hi,

  I have some questions about session id's and session in general.

  If I do a:

  HttpSession session = req.getSession(true);
  System.out.println("ID " + session.getId());

  I get a session id like du43dew7k1:

  After a

  session.invalidate();
  System.out.println("ID " + session.getId());

  I get the same session id like before.
  Even another

  session = req.getSession(true);
  System.out.println("ID " + session.getId());

  will give me the same session id.

  I this the right behavior? Do I do something wrong?
  What does the session.invalidate() method do then?
  I couldn't find anything in the specs.

  Thanks,

  Stephan