tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Bremford" <mi...@paperx.com>
Subject RE: page has moved messages...
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 11:21:22 GMT
Hi Bill

Sounds like you're seeing the message that normally goes with a 302 return
code (temporary redirect). I can't think what would cause this off hand, but
it could be some sort of browser oddity with caching. Which browser are you
using?

You might find that the browser is getting confused becuase you're sending a
302 code (to indicate that the page has moved somewhere else), but saying
it's moved to itself. Try tacking a "?" followed by a random number at the
end of the URL, or setting "Pragma: no-cache" or an expiry date in the past.

The way I would approach this is to see exactly what headers are being
passed to your browser - if in doubt, read the HTTP/1.1 spec
(ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2616.txt) and "telnet localhost 80".
Incidentally, unlike most RFCs this one can be understood by mere mortals
and is worth a read.

Good Luck

Cheers... Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: $Bill Dossett [mailto:postmaster@bill.co.uk]
Sent: 04 August 2000 12:07
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: page has moved messages...

Hi,

I've got a form that submits and update to a database,
then calls itself to display the data again so the user
can see his changes and make further updates... the
problem is that when I call the form, directly  after
the update, the mesages, "this page as moved to here"
with here being a hyperlink to the same page as
I have called...  The URL is correct in the browser
window and the requested URL is correct in the jasper
log, but I still get this message and can't figure out
why because as far as I can tell, all the paths and
stuff is corrrect....  the bulk of the code is produced
by macromedia ultradev.  Cool product, it writes the
code and you get to fix it :-)  anyway, I've picked
my way through all of the code and for once I think
it's right.. maybe,  any ideas on what I should look
at?

Thanks

Bill