tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: Apache-Tomcat and Servlet problem - Solved
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:15:40 GMT

Thanks for all your help.
My problem was: I used to run Apache with Apache jserv before. After
Installation and configuration of Tomcat I did not remove JServ. Even I
changed httpd.cfg and called proper configuration for Tomcat the old JServ
demon messed up my servlet requests. However Tomcat happily served my JSP
request. To fix all this mess I saved my Apache config files, removed
completely Apache and JServ, reinstall Apache, and copy back my config

My apache and Tomcat works just fine now.

George Nagy
Sr. Database Administrator
The City of Waterloo
Information System
100 Regina St. S., Waterloo, ON. N2J 4A8
Bus: (519) 747-8563
Fax: (519) 747-8727

                    Jean Michel
                    Flambard                 To:,
                    <jmflamba@club-in        cc:
          >               Subject:     Re: Apache-Tomcat and Servlet
                    08/10/00 12:00 PM

I have exactly the same problem.
May it Linux fault ? (my version redhat 6.0)
If you have some clues, please forward...
Thanks a lot a écrit :
> Hi guys.
> I have problem to execute any servlet using Apache. However JSP work just
> fine.
> Also if I use Tomcat web server (port 8080) servlets and jsps work fine.
> This is the error I am getting in /etc/httpd/logs/error_log file
> [Wed Aug  9 15:31:00 2000] [error] [client] File does not
> /home/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
> Tomcat 3.1
> Apache 1.3.12
> jdk 1.2.2
> jsdk 2.2