tomcat-users mailing list archives

From GN...@city.waterloo.on.ca
Subject Apache can not execute servlet but jsp can ????
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:28:08 GMT
I have posted this question before, but no one had any comment yet. I tried
all I could. I really need your help guys.
Thank you very much in advance.

Hi guys.
I have problem to execute any servlet using Apache. However JSP work just
fine.
Also if I use Tomcat web server (port 8080) servlets and jsps work fine.
Only Apache has problem to find my servlet.
Is there any configuration I am missing in httpd.cfg file?

This is the error I am getting in /etc/httpd/logs/error_log  file
[Wed Aug  9 15:31:00 2000] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
/home/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

Why apache does not tranlate
https://localhost/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample to proper location ???
but tomcat does https://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

Tomcat 3.1
Apache 1.3.12
jdk 1.2.2
jsdk 2.2
jsp 1.1
Linux 2.2.12-20 i386 (RedHat 6.1)

Any help would be welcome

Thank you

George Nagy
Sr. Database Administrator
The City of Waterloo
Information System
100 Regina St. S., Waterloo, ON. N2J 4A8
Bus: (519) 747-8563
Fax: (519) 747-8727
e-mail: gnagy@city.waterloo.on.ca