tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jake" <>
Subject Rewrite Rules and Tomcat
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:25:56 GMT
Hello All!

I have a perfectly working servlet located on my server at:

This servlet basically does HTTP proxying of information, so when I call it with an extension
like such:

It makes a call to another server located on our intranet. This was needed because simple
proxying through Apache would not work, because said program.exe uses cookies, and we needed
a way to pass the cookies unaltered through the Internet.

This is all properly working. However, I have added an Apache rewrite rule to my conf file,
which looks like such:

RewriteRule ^/program/(.*)$ /div/servlet/div.Div/program/$1 [PT]

And when I call, I get a 404 error. The strange thing,
however, is that it is not an apache 404 error, it is a tomcat "Object Not Found" 404 error.
Any ideas what might be causing this, or what I may be doing wrong here, or if this is even

Note: This worked fine on JServ 1.1. We are just now trying to convert to tomcat.

Server is running tomcat 3.2b2, Sun-JDK 1.3.0 Beta Refresh, and Apache 1.3.12.

Jake Baillie -
Network Administrator
Marinar Communications Group

View raw message