tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ALEXANDROS KOTSIRAS" <ALEXANDRO...@prodigy.net>
Subject <servlet-mapping><url-pattern> Question
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:22:44 GMT
The following url-pattern is from the SnoopServlet example and works
<url-pattern>
            /snoop
</url-pattern>

I would like to use a pattern like the following :

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>
     MainAdminController
</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>
     /admin/*
</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

But i can't make it work.
The idea is to tell tomcat to send all the requests that include /servlet/admin/whateverServlet
to my MainAdminController servlet which will centralize authentication and some other tasks.

I also added the following  mapping to the SnoopServet to see whether it works :

<url-pattern>
            /admin/snoop
</url-pattern>

but when i invoke it as http://hostname/contextName/servlet/admin/snoop it does not work.

So is it possible to define mappings in that form :  /name_1/name_2/.../name_n/*

Thanks,
Alex.