tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jens Mønster Sørensen <...@mobite.com>
Subject Re: using multiple redirector in IIS
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:07:16 GMT
Good question !!! I asked about the same thing a while back, but recieved no
answer.

The rather ugly solution I'm using at this point is that I have edited the
jk_isapi_plugin.c

#define REGISTRY_LOCATION       ("Software\\Apache Software
Foundation\\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\\1.0")

to another location for each different setup I need and then recompile the
dll, so I end up with different dll's for each virtual directory that needs
different acces rights. E.g :

#define REGISTRY_LOCATION       ("Software\\Apache Software
Foundation\\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\\1.0\\adm")
> recompile

#define REGISTRY_LOCATION       ("Software\\Apache Software
Foundation\\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\\1.0\\pub")
> recompile

This actually works as long as you access the different virtual dirs with
different instances of MS Internet Explorer (IE) the first time you access
them. Then after that you can access them interchangably through the same IE
instance (wierd!!!). If you on the other hand, do not follow this procedure
your IIS web site will actually crash!!! Which is obviously NOT good.

So I am right now working on an basic authorisation filter dll of my own to
get around this problem. But if someone out there has another solution I too
would be very happy to hear about it :-)

Thanks in advance

/Jens