tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Bremford" <mi...@paperx.com>
Subject RE: problem with Alias on Virtual host
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:12:17 GMT
Hi Donald

Just a hunch, but as Alias is an apache tag, I'd be surprised if it was
picked up by Tomcat. At the risk of being naff, what about a symlink?

As an alternative, I'm not sure exactly what you're doing with Virtual
Hosts, but 3.2b2 has vastly improved virtual host handling. In <server.xml>
I can do something like this:

<Host name="travolta.paperx.com">
    <Context path="" docBase="/export/web/travolta"/>
</Host>

Cheers... Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: MacLaren, Donald [mailto:DMacLaren@cmgi.com]
Sent: 16 August 2000 16:55
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: problem with Alias on Virtual host

Hello,
I set up this structure in 3.1
/virt/app_area/webapps/appname

Under app name, I have inclused pages from a maon area and an Image area.

When I do an image = it can find the alias I set up in Tomcat.conf
<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xx>
ServerName dev-portal.xxx.com
DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/htdocs
ScriptAlias /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/cgi-bin
/usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/
Alias /images /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/htdocs/images/
Alias /main /usr/local/apache-tomcat/virt/dev-portal/htdocs/main/

I can't seem to work the alias for main when I do a <@ include file = or a
<JSP:include page=.

I get the response has been committed.  I have to move the MAIN under the
"/virt/app_area/webapps/appname" directory for it to work. This can't be
correct.  I shouldn't have to have this structure and files copied in two
places.

ANY IDEAS????

Thanks.