tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Toby Piper" <tpi...@CompCraft.com>
Subject RE: jk_nt_service
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2000 03:44:14 GMT
The service verifies the wrapper.properties file (I renamed mine to
service.properties - made more sense) upon startup. I had it previously
working but had just modified my properties file and was getting the same
problem. When I fixed it and pointed it to the right file - I mistakenly
pointed it at a different file - it worked fine.

So the moral of the story is make sure that you have a valid properties file
and you might try fully qualifying the path to it (e.g.
C:\tomcat\conf\wrapper.properties).
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Mohammad Alshayeb [mailto:malshaye@itsc.uah.edu]
  Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 3:40 PM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: jk_nt_service

  Dear Sir,
  I am trying to install tomcat as a service but I get problems.
  When I run the command:
  c:\jk_nt_service -i tomcat wrapper.properties
  * I modified the wrapper file to match my system, that command runs fine.
When I type
  c:\net start tomcat
  I get error message says (the following 4 lines)

  The tomcat service is starting.
  The tomcat service could not be started.
  The service did not report an error.
  More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.

  Would you please tell me what is the problem.
  Thanks

  -Mohammad,