tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vicente Martínez <vicente.marti...@ctv-jet.com>
Subject RE: Have I to start jerv ?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:22:52 GMT

You say that you have in httpd.conf

include /home/flambard/tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf

This file is regenerated every time you restart tomcat.
Maybe, your configuration is being overwritted. Try to copy the
configuration
to other file, and make the "include" directive point that new
configuration
file.

Hope it works.

in

- -----Mensaje original-----
De: Jean Michel Flambard [mailto:jmflamba@club-internet.fr]
Enviado el: viernes, 11 de agosto de 2000 11:32
Para: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Asunto: Re: Have I to start jerv ?

I start tomcat manually by executing the tomcat.sh start (linux).
I ask me whether the mod_jserv starts whith this command.

When I do http://localhost/examples/jsp/a_file.jsp
that works fine

When I do http://localhost/examples/servlet/a_servlet
that don't work.

I receive error:
Not found
The request URL /a_servlet was not found on this server.

However, the file a-servlet.class exits in the directory
tomcat/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes

Below my tomcat-apache.conf file

LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so
ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

Alias /examples /home/flambard/tomcat/webapps/examples
<Directory "/home/flambard/tomcat/webapps/examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /examples/servlet /examples
<Location /examples/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Alias /test /home/flambard/tomcat/webapps/test
<Directory "/home/flambard/tomcat/webapps/test">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /test/servlet /test
<Location /test/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

ApJServMount /servlet /ROOT

In my file httpd.conf, I added Include
/home/flambard/tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf
Where is the mistake ?

Please, help !
And finally, sorry for my bad english, I remember I'm French.

Thank in advance

ALEXANDROS KOTSIRAS a écrit :

> Apache does not start Tomcat aytomatically like it can with JServ.
> Make sure that Apache is running and also make sure that you start
> Tomcat manually by executing the startup.bat (Windows) (You can
> just double-click it) . You will see a DOS console opening.
> That means that both Apache and Tomcat are running.
>
> I don't think that Apache serves .jsp files but this is Tomcat's
> job.

- --