tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Bremford" <mi...@paperx.com>
Subject RE: apache1.3.12 and tomcat 3.1 -- sos
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:35:04 GMT
Hard to say without seeing you're whole httpd.conf.

Firstly, if you take out the tomcat changes, does apache still start?

Secondly, the "Order" directive needs to be inside a <Directory> tag - may
work in <Location> as well, I'm not sure. Outside of that it will generate
an error.

Thirdly, you need mod_access to be loaded for this. If "httpd -l" lists the
mod_access module, great, it's compiled in, otherwise you need to
"LoadModule access_module libexec/mod_access.so". Either way, don't forget
to "AddModule mod_access.c".

HTH

Cheers... Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Syed Mahmoods [mailto:
Sent: 14 August 2000 16:57
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: apache1.3.12 and tomcat 3.1 -- sos

 I have apache1.3.12 and tomcat3.1 on solaris 2.6 machine.  After starting
tomcat, When I try to start apache I get following message, please help me
get over this.  I have spent way too much time on trying to get these two to
work together:

Invalid command 'Order', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included
 in the server configuration
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

The line of the httpd.conf where I receive the error is:
Order allow,deny

Thanks,
Syed