tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefán Freyr Stefánsson <ste...@decode.is>
Subject RE: Invoking a standalone Tomcat to serve pages without the port address :8080
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:04:42 GMT

80).
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Gogol, Daniel L. [mailto:GogolD@diebold.com]
  Sent: 15. ágúst 2000 12:56
  To: Tomcat-User (E-mail)
  Subject: Invoking a standalone Tomcat to serve pages without the port
address :8080

  Hi All

  I would like to invoke Tomcat to serve pages to my browser using the
following syntax:

  http://localhost <http://localhost>

  It would appear that you must add the port address as well in order to get
it to work like the following:

  http://localhost:8080 <http://localhost:8080>

  Does anyone know if Tomcat can be configured so you don't have to use the
port address?

  Daniel L. Gogol

  Senior Software Systems Engineer
  E-Mail: gogold@diebold.com