Regarding the index.jsp issue.

Look at the WEB.XML file for that app. You can specify in the WELCOME-FILE-LIST tag (near the end of the file in mine) a WELCOME-FILE tag that has INDEX.JSP as it value. Then - according to the info I have - if you don't specify a file (just the path) it will serve up the JSP file. My example file also has INDEX.HTML, and INDEX.HTM files in the list. If you have more than one of them in your directory I don't know which one is served.
-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Shirey [mailto:jshirey1@home.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 10:44 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Tomcat setup with IIS

In my limited experience with Tomcat 3.1/IIS 5.0 when you specify the port you are bypassing IIS and talking directly to Tomcat.  In order to have IIS redirect to Tomcat on port 80 (as long as you get the green up arrow in the IIS manager) you need to modify your uriworkers.properties file to include the following lines (for the examples):

/examples/*=ajp12
/examples/servlet/*=ajp12

This will cause Tomcat to serve up all files in the examples directory.  If you want IIS to serve up static content, you need to create a virtual directory to point to your examples directory and change the uriworkers.properties file to tell Tomcat to serve only jsp and servlet files:

/examples/*.jsp=ajp12
/examples/servlet/*=ajp12

The only issue I still have has to do with the default document.  If I tell IIS that index.jsp is a valid default document, IIS will send it to the browser without allowing Tomcat to process the page - the raw jsp is sent to the browser.  If I don't tell IIS about index.jsp, I get a directory listing denied page (since I have directory browsing turned off).  In this case, I have to specify the default document.

HTH,
Joe