tomcat-users mailing list archives

From MTiffan...@aol.com
Subject Internal Servlet Error
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:36:38 GMT
Hi all,

I'm familiar with JServ, and decided to try out tomcat. The startup and
shutdown scripts (seem to) work, and accessing "http://localhost/examples/"
works, however, trying to get the JSP pages or servlets to run results in:

Error: 500

Location: /examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(InvokerServlet.java:175)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(A
jp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Given how very little documentation there is for Tomcat, I'm at a loss --
what AM i doing wrong???

All Help Welcome and TIA,
MTiffany