tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Harry Chen <>
Subject getServletContext() returns null
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2000 00:31:54 GMT
Hi. I got my servlets start running just fine. I can even do servlet
renaming. But for some reason, everytime i try to call getServletContext()
or getServletConfig() in either doGet() or doPost() method, it always
return NullPointerException.

Any idea?  thanks.

Here is a clip of my web.xml file.

<!DOCTYPE web-app

      <param-value>My Company</param-value>

        <param-value>Banana Republic</param-value>

- Harry

Harry L. Chen
University Of Maryland Baltimore County

Public PGP Key is available upon request

View raw message