tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lloyd Weehuizen <lloyd.weehui...@staff.paradise.net.nz>
Subject Problems with .jsp pages
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:06:44 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to get apache to run with tomcat to display .jsp pages. I have
the system configured correctly as far as I can tell. Everything loads up
correctly but when I try open /examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp

I get this error dump:
---<SNIP>---
Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to report
such errors more gracefully
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
--<SNIP>--

I am using blackdown java for linux.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.