tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Karen Hoofnagle <khoofna...@microstate.com>
Subject Re: Examples work, but my custom context doesn't
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:54:33 GMT
I added this to server.xml:
<Context path="/hamilton" docBase="webapps/hamilton" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
</Context>
with no noticable effect in the logs or in behaviors.
Is this not a correct context entry? Have I left something out?

I should now be finding the web.xml in my \hamilton context, and from
there calling my startup servlet, no?

Karen

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Russell Gold wrote:

> At 4:07 PM -0400 7/27/00, Karen Hoofnagle wrote:
> >Essentially I have a working copy of tomcat 3.1 running with apache
> >1.3.9, the Sun 1.3 jdk beta, and Redhat 6.2.  The example servlets and jsp
> >pages work fine.
> >
> >I have added a context called hamilton to my webapps directory.
> >The tree looks like this:
> >  webapps/hamilton/WEB-INF
> >
> [snip]
>
> >Now please note, that HServletConnection is not actually under the
> >hamilton context directory tree physically.  It is a class inside a jar
> >file that's being dropped into the classpath via tomcat.properties.  I am
> >not, however, seeing any
> >attempt at all to call HServletConnection when I type
> >http://localhost/hamilton, not even a 404 error.  What I'm getting is a
> >directory tree for webapps/hamilton.
>
> Which is what I would expect. Have you defined the hamilton context in your server.xml
file?   In that case, http://localhost/hamilton/hamilton should call your servlet.  The URL
patterns in web.xml are relative to your context, not relative to your server.