tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chon-Chon Tang <zt...@weber.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat benchmarks from orionserver.com
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:34:44 GMT

Hmm, first of all, apologies if this is the wrong list for this discussion
(re-direct if a better one exists).

Caucho also has done quite a bit of back-patting on the performance of
Resin on JSP/Servlet content serving.  Orion's performance seems similarly
impressive... both appear to be on the order of 5-8 times faster than
Tomcat, and in fact even superior to most (substantially more expensive)
commercial products.

Has anyone out there had practical experiences with these less publicized
servers?  Since Resin is also standards-meeting (both JSP and Servlet),
why might I choose Tomcat over Resin on the short-term?  This isn't to
demean the value of Jakarta and it's development efforts; I'm just trying
to evaluate a product for the near term.