tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Eisner <cra...@Glue.umd.edu>
Subject Re: Jar files in lib directory not picked up
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:03:37 GMT

I'm going to make a distinction between the <build> directory,
where you build the application, and the <install> directory,
where it is installed.

What ultimately matters is that the jar file be in <install>/WEB-INF/lib/.

If you use the sample build.xml file provided with Tomcat, anything
in <build>/lib should be copied into <install>/WEB-INF/lib/.

However, there was a bug in the build.xml file supplied with Tomcat 3.1,
so that the jars were incorrectly copied to <install>/lib/.  If this
is your problem, change

   <copydir src="lib" dest="${deploy.home}/lib"/>

   <copydir src="lib" dest="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/lib"/>

in build.xml.

-David

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Ravindra Wankar wrote:

> I'm using Tomcat 3.1, Apache 1.3.12 on RedHat 6.2
>
> Are the lib/*.jar files automatically added to the class path?
>
> Can you expand on "double check everything"?
>
> Thanks,
> -- Ravi.
>
> Nacho wrote:
>
> > Double check everything, this works
> >
> > also, which version of Tomcat are you trying?
> >
> > Saludos ,
> > Ignacio J. Ortega

David Eisner            | E-mail: cradle@eng.umd.edu |
CALCE EPSC              | Phone:  301-405-5341       |
University of Maryland  | Fax:    301-314-9269       |