tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Faustas.Zilins...@firstunion.com
Subject Re: Generation of tomcat-apache.conf incorrect?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:05:04 GMT

Hi,

I have the same problem. This is what I add to the server.xml:

        <Context path="/dic" docBase="d:\faust\dictionary\dic_root\" debug="0" reloadable="true"

        </Context>

And this is what gets generated in tomcat-apache.conf:

Alias /dic C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\dic
<Directory "C:\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\dic">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /dic/servlet /dic
<Location /dic/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Faustas

Hi,

I am running Redhat 6.2 (Intel)  Tomcat 3.1, Apache/1.3.12

I added the following Context to the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml file:

----------------------- Cut here ----------------------------
    <Context path="/connect" docBase="/opt/connect" debug="0"
reloadable="true">
 </Context>
----------------------- Cut here ----------------------------

Expecting the tomcat-apache.conf file to properly reflect this when it
created the Alias
and Directory entries, but alas this was not the case:

----------------------- Cut here ----------------------------
Alias /connect /opt/tomcat/webapps/connect
<Directory "/opt/tomcat/webapps/connect">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>
ApJServMount /connect/servlet /connect
<Location /connect/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>
-------------------- Cut here --------------------------------

Notice the "/opt/tomcat/webapps/connect", instead of "/opt/connect".  I
have created my conf file with the correct Alias and Directory entries,
and all seems to work fine, but it is still a bit of a pain.

Is there something I am missing.

Thanks
Jason

--
Jason Pell
Senior Analyst/Programmer

"Callista - the brightest solution in university management"

Important Notice: The contents of this email transmission,
including attachments, may be privileged and confidential.
Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please advise
the sender by return email or telephone immediately and
destroy all versions.