tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Faustas.Zilins...@firstunion.com
Subject javax.servlet.ServletContext missing two methods
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:50:36 GMT

Hi,

I wonder if anyone else has noticed the problem with the latest version
Java Servlet specification 2.2.

If you look at the servlet.jar file (which contains all the standardized
interfaces), the interface javax.servlet.ServletContext doesn't define
these methods:

public java.lang.String getInitParameter(java.lang.String name)
public java.util.Enumeration getInitParameterNames()

I think they should be defined, because servlet specification 2.2 (page 23) and Java Servlet
API documentation (generated by javadoc) do include them.

I wounder if there is some reason why they are not defined.

Faustas Zilinskas
First Union