tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: javax.servlet.ServletContext missing two methods
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 19:12:52 GMT

I checked the servlet.jar file that comes with Tomcat 3.1. ServletContext
didn't have those methods.
I also checked the latest servlet.jar file from the site. The
same problem.

I'm using Forte for Java to inspect the contents of the jar files. wrote:

> Hi,
> I wonder if anyone else has noticed the problem with the latest version
> Java Servlet specification 2.2.
> If you look at the servlet.jar file (which contains all the standardized
> interfaces), the interface javax.servlet.ServletContext doesn't define
> these methods:
> public java.lang.String getInitParameter(java.lang.String name)
> public java.util.Enumeration getInitParameterNames()
> I think they should be defined, because servlet specification 2.2 (page 23)
and Java Servlet > API documentation (generated by javadoc) do include them.
> I wounder if there is some reason why they are not defined.

Where did you get your "servlet.jar" file from?  The servlet.jar that comes with
Tomcat certainly includes these methods.

> Faustas Zilinskas
> First Union

Craig McClanahan

View raw message