tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject tomcat 3.1 + cocoon 1.7.5 dev
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2000 19:53:40 GMT
I've installed Tomcat 3.1 on our Windows 2000 machine
Took the 1.7.4 version put all the jars into tomcats
lib dir. (BTW: I found something on the cocoon site
that only the cocoon.jar is needed - is that true?
Put all in - just in case)
Edited the tomcat.bat so I have all the jars explicitly
in my CLASSPATH. (TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME are of course
set, too) Then I put the cocoon.properties file into the
root dir and edited the web.xml file inside the WEB-INF
dir to call Cocoon for all *.xml files. (I double-checked
cocoon refers to the correct cocoon.properties)
After starting Tomcat who yields the correct classpath
in it's log file I pointed my browser to localhost:8080/Cocoon.xml
Cocoon showed up correctly in the browser and i the
log file I found that cocoon was initialized.
All right up 'til now...

Then I got the xml-cocoon_20000715161411.tar.gz snapshot
and used built.bat to build my new 1.7.5 dev cocoon.
Then I replaced the old cocoon jars with the new one.
After restarting tomcat (and even restarting the machine)
I pointed again to localhost:8080/Cocoon.xml which now
shows me the a cocoon 1.7.5 dev error page which says:

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromRequest: class is not found
at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:106)
at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java:80)
at org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFactory.init(ProducerFactory.java:72)
at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:101)
at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.(Engine.java:159)
at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:202)
at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:141)
at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:315)
at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
at
onnectionHandler.java:160)
at
)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Since 1.7.4 seemed to work (at least the Cocoon.xml)
and Cocoon is also loading... what am I doing
wrong?
--
Torsten