tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Price" ...@moment.net>
Subject PHP/Tomcat ?
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:06:14 GMT

Should I even try to include PHP with the compilation or is that too
problematic?

Thanks,

Patrick Price
Momentum Online

-----Original Message-----
From: Gladwell, Ricardo [mailto:ricardo.gladwell@demon.net]
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 11:17 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Cc: 'Patrick Price'
Subject: HOW TO Hack The Installation of Tomcat on Unix (was RE: Help!)

Dear All

I am forwarding you a revised version of a document I have been compiling
for the installation of Apache Jakarta Tomcat. The source and binary builds
of tomcat can be downloaded from http://jakarta.apache.com and I suggest you
grab both (name them jakarta-tomcat-src.tar.gz and
jakarta-tomcat-bin.tar.gz). As usual, extract the binary to
<</usr/local/tomcat>> and the source to </usr/local/src/tomcat>>.

To perform a correct installation of tomcat you need to correct a couple of
files and execute the
<<%SRC_DIR%/jakarta-tomcat/src/build/do_build_apache1.3>> script which
recompiles apache. You will need to make the following amendments to
<<do_build_apache1.3>>:

1) swap occurrences of apjv12 for jserv
2) change the line referencing <<mod_jserv.c>> to point to
<<%SRC_DIR%/jakart-tomcat/src/native/jserv.mod_jserv.c

Then, execute the following:

> export SRC_DIR=/usr/local/src
> export APACHE_HOME=/usr/local/apache

and then execute this script. If this script still fails, particularly if
this script reports the error that <<jserv.h>> cannot be found then your can
remedy this by copying the header file from its source location in
<</usr/local/src/jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache/jserv/>> to
<</usr/local/src/apache-1.3/src/modules/extra>>.

Once this has occurred perform the following copy command:

> cp /usr/local/src/jakarta-tomcat/src/native/apache/jserv/mod_jserv.so
/usr/local/apache/libexec/

--
Ricardo Gladwell, Web Developer
Demon Internet, Westhumble House,