tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shridhar Rangarajan" <shridharranga...@hotmail.com>
Subject FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:24:11 GMT
Hello all,

I had a problem to report that I hope one of you may be able to help me
with.

I had successfully installed Apache HTTP server v1.3.12 and Tomcat v3.1 on
Windows 2000. I had a few JSP applications installed as well and everything
was working just fine. A little later, I rebooted my machine and Tomcat now
refuses to start up. The exception that it throws is:

FATAL:java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(Default
ServerSocketFactory.java:97)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(SimpleTcpEn
dpoint.java:186)

Subsequent reboots does not help. Further, before rebooting the machine, I
had started and shut down Tomcat a number of times and things were just
fine! Incidentally, JSWDK v1.0.1 also throws a similar exception. Could
someone please let me know what this is all about.

Thanks,

Shridhar Rangarajan
shridharrangaraj@hotmail.com