tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aron Kramlik" <aron.kram...@tenzing.com>
Subject in Tomcat 3.1 - HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:47:38 GMT
Hi,

I am getting a HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM from Tomcat.
Environment is Tomcat 3.1 final on RedHat 6.1.
I get the following stack trace on the console when
I connect to my app with 4 different web sessions
and execute a rather long lived transaction in each.
It actually gets a listing of data from the EJB tier (WL4.5).

I get the following HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM error:

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.lang.NullPointerException:
java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12ResponseAdapter.sendStatus(A
jp12ConnectionHandler.java:439)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpResponseAdapter.endHeaders(HttpRes
ponseAdapter.java:111)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.sendHeaders(Buffer
edServletOutputStream.java:127)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.reallyFlush(Buffer
edServletOutputStream.java:239)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.write(BufferedServ
letOutputStream.java:186)
        at
java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flushBuffer(OutputStreamWriter.java:219)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:233)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.flush(PrintWriter.java:120)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseImpl.finish(ResponseImpl.java:175)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processCon
nection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:158)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.run(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:36
6)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java
:411)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)