tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Alami" <hal...@hotmail.com>
Subject tomcat-apache
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 20:54:41 GMT
hi everyone,

I am using tomcat3.0 with apache 1.3. I keep running into one problem that I
can't figure out.(I am not sure if this is a bug, or just that I am doing
something wrong) When I recompile (any) my servlets and/or javabeans, I
restart tomcat. However, the problem is that sometimes when I restart
tomcat, I get an error:
'FATAL: java.net.BindException: Address in use: bind'
This error tells me that the port is in use, which is not i presume.
I checked in tomcat.conf and found out that the port is set to 8007.
the port in apache conf file is set to 80.
To get tomcat running again, not only do i have to log off, but also have to
reboot my machine which is very annoying.

I appreciate your time and help.

Hassan I. Alami
Java Programmer,
Ovid Technologies, Inc.