tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Barker <An...@stockell.com>
Subject RE: IIS redirect
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:16:40 GMT
Where would I find this driver?  Can I use it to talk to MS SQL Server 7.0?

Thanks,
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Kotsiras, Alexandros [mailto:AKotsiras@mediaondemand.com]
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 3:52 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: IIS redirect

I was having exactly the same memory usage problems with a DBservlet that
queries an Access Database via JDBC-ODBC bridge.
For every reload of the DbResults page i would see the memory usage of
java.exe on the WinNT Task manager go up by 1MB !!
It wouldn't take more than 15-20 requests to crash the server.

I found that the reason was the Sun JDBC-ODBC bridge. I tried exactly the
same Java source code with an identical set of tables in an Oracle Database
and the thin driver (classes12.zip) and everything was fine.
So i am currently using the infozoom Access driver without any memory
problems.
It's a type 2 JDBC driver and does not require an ODBC DSN.
Alex