tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Barker <An...@stockell.com>
Subject IIS redirect
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:13:13 GMT
I had problems getting this to work yesterday, but I found the problem.  I
was having problems with the worker.properties file, and then I realized the
file had some garbage characters in it.  Once I cleaned up the file
everything started working.

I was then able to follow the inprocess-howto instructions to get the JVM
loaded inproc with IIS.  I am a little concerned now about memory usage.  I
setup a simple servlet that queries my database.  I then did a test where I
ran the servlet multiple times while I watched the memory usage.  The usage
went up by at least a MEG every time I hit refresh on the browser, which
then invoked the servlet.  The memory usage continued to climb until it got
to around 45 MEG at which point it seemed to level off.  Will the JVM
eventually reclaim this memory?  Is this normal, or should I be concerned?

Thanks,
Andy Barker