tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kalusniak, Jeff" <jkalusn...@goliathfalls.com>
Subject RE: Hi Jeff... Here is the solution It works for Me.....
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:29:40 GMT
Didn't work for me...... adding this log context allowed you
to shut down tomcat with shutdown.sh?????  I wonder why.

We are currently greppoing for java and tomcat and etc then
kill -9ing the process.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Nivedan Nadraj [mailto:niveelora@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2000 10:26 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org; alex@jguru.com
Subject: Hi Jeff... Here is the solution It works for Me.....

  Hi Jeff,

    Remember me ? Well Tomcat ConnectionHandler has
been solved. I got some real help from a friend here
on the maiuling list.

   Now..quick.....go to server.xml and add the
following lines and it WILL work.

   <Logger name="CONTEXT_LOG"
	path="logs/context.log"
    	customOutput="yes" />

This log was not there in our server.xml. To my
surprise tomcat worked and u can invoke it  in the
browser http://localhost:8080/
And u can see Tomcat..it worked for me sure it should
for you too.

   Good luck and do let me know if it solves ur
proble.

  Nive

--- Alex Chaffee <guru@edamame.stinky.com> wrote:
> I don't know in particular, but 3.1 is actually
> quite old; you can
> download the latest source from anon cvs (clear
> instructions are on
> the site).  I know that in the current build,
> SimpleTcpConnector has
> been removed in favor of PoolTTcpConnector, so maybe
> that'll clear up
> your problems.
>
>  - Alex
>
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 08:07:26AM -0400, Jeffrey
> Hood wrote:
> > I have had Tomcat 3.1 M1 running on NT, but now
> after downloading the most
> > recent version (3.1 final), I get the following
> errors...
> >
> > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> >
> org/apache/tomcat/service/http/HttpConnectionHandler
> >
> > and
> >
> > FATAL:java.lang.Exception: Invalid
> ConnectionHandler
> > java.lang.Exception: Invalid ConnectionHandler
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector.start(SimpleTcpConnector.java:1
> > 33)
> >
> >         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(Compiled
> Code)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:157)
> >         at

org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:163)

http://www.stinky.com/