tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Local administrative rights to start Tomcat 3.2 beta2?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:28:06 GMT
Yes, you are correct!  The problem is likely spaces in your classpath.  You need to modify
the tomcat.bat to add quotes around all the %CP%'s, otherwise the command won't execute properly.
 Tomcat 3.1 had the quotes, but they were lost during modifications for Tomcat 3.2.  I have
submitted a patch to fix this, but it has not been applied yet.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: S.Zeeh@vpms.de [mailto:S.Zeeh@vpms.de]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 9:24 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: AW: Local administrative rights to start Tomcat 3.2 beta2?

Hi Larry,

now I can read the error message.

My classpath is:

Using CLASSPATH: e:\tomcat\classes;e:\tomcat\lib\ant.jar;e:\tomcat\lib\jasper.jar;e:\tomcat\lib\jaxp.jar;e:\tomcat\lib\parser.jar;e:\tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;e:\tomcat\lib\webserver.jar;E:\IBM
Connectors\classes;E:\IBMVJava\eab\runtime30;E:\IBMVJava\eab\runtime20;E:\Programme\Software
AG\Bolero\classes\BOAfixes.jar;E:\Programme\Software AG\Bolero\projects;E:\Programme\Software
AG\Bolero\classes\appserver.jar;E:\Programme\Software AG\Bolero\classes;E:\Programme\Software
AG\Bolero\ReportTemplates;E:\Programme\Software AG\Bolero\Classes\Bta.jar;E:\Programme\Software
AG\Bolero\Classes\BSA.jar;;C:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar

The error message is:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Connectors\classes;e:\IBMVJava\eab\runtime30;E:\IBMVJava\eab\runtime20;E:\Programme\Software

It seems to be a problem with my classpath (maybe the blanks?).
But it works with Tomcat 3.1 and if I'm logged in as a local administrator.

If somebody, maybe you Larry, could help me?!?

Thank you,

Stephan