tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Crook, Charles" <Cro...@tvratings.com>
Subject RE: going from JServ to tomcat
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:04:44 GMT
web.dtd defines entries / syntax available for web.xml file which configures
each context 'zone' ( much like individual zone.properties )
server.dtd defines entries available for server.xml ( jserv.properties )

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Princen [mailto:eric@bizblast.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 12:57 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: going from JServ to tomcat

"Crook, Charles" wrote:

> You need to create a new context - which will serve much as a zone - in
the
> server.xml file...

Understood. Any documents available for what is what? I assume path
points to the zone. docBase probably points to the servlets. How do I
tell Tomcat to start up certain servlets at startup? How do I pass in
init params? There seems to be a lot missing. I don't see any docs that
explain it either.

Can you shed any light?

-Eric ;-)

--