tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandros Kotsiras" <kotsi...@mediaondemand.com>
Subject Can i start/stop Tomcat from a remote computer ? ?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:48:59 GMT

    I was wondering if this is possible in a Windows environment within the
same Network.
    Can i use something like RMI to start/stop Tomcat on a remote WinNT
server from my WorkStation ? ?
    For example JRun has a WEB based interface that enables to Start/Stop
the default server by having an Admin Server running.
     In my case i do not want to have a separate Tomcat Admin instance
because i don't need to start/stop it via HTTP.
     I would rather have a client Java Application to do that...

    I am currently playing with the Runtime class and i tried

    Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime();
    try{
        r.exec("C:\\usr\\local\\tomcat-3.1\\bin\\startup.bat");
    }
    catch(IOException ex) {
        ex.printStackTrace();
    }
  }

  but it does not do anything  interesting ....

  Any ideas ? ?

±˜˜˜°