tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandros Kotsiras" <kotsi...@mediaondemand.com>
Subject RE: JDBCRealm question
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:17:42 GMT
Well sorry to bother you again but i have to clarify the last point :

> 2. Is it possible to use JDBCRealm with Apache on port 80  ??
> (Probably no i
> guess)

Why no?

Becuase if i remove the 8080 from the url and go through Apache i do not get
the login dialog box at all.
I can access the protected folder without authentication.
I can of course protect if i use the Apache htpasswd.exe utility :
and add in the tomcat-apache.conf :

<Directory "/usr/local/tomcat32b/webapps/sales/jsp/protected">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
    AuthName "restricted area"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/tomcat32b/webapps/sales/WEB-INF/users.pwd
    require valid-user
</Directory>

where "users.pwd" is the file with the usernames and encrypted passwords
created by the htpaswd.exe utility
but ....this is not DB driven and it's another case.