tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandros Kotsiras" <kotsi...@mediaondemand.com>
Subject RE: JDBCRealm question
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:00:24 GMT
I don't think i modified the web.xml of my context.
Anyway,  i appreciate you interest

<security-constraint>
      <web-resource-collection>
         <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
	 <!-- Define the context-relative URL(s) to be protected -->
         <url-pattern>/jsp/protected/*</url-pattern>
	 <!-- If you list http methods, only those methods are protected -->
	 <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
         <http-method>GET</http-method>
         <http-method>POST</http-method>
	 <http-method>PUT</http-method>
      </web-resource-collection>
      <auth-constraint>
         <!-- Anyone with one of the listed roles may access this area -->
         <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
	 <role-name>role1</role-name>
      </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

    <!-- Default login configuration uses BASIC authentication -->
    <login-config>
      <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
      <realm-name>Example Basic Authentication Area</realm-name>
    </login-config>

    <!-- If you want to experiment with form-based logins, comment
         out the <login-config> element above and replace it with
         this one.  Note that we are currently using a nonstandard
         authentication method, because the code to support form
         based login is incomplete and only lightly tested.  -->
    <!--
    <login-config>
      <auth-method>EXPERIMENTAL_FORM</auth-method>
      <realm-name>Example Form-Based Authentication Area</realm-name>
      <form-login-config>
        <form-login-page>/jsp/security/login/login.jsp</form-login-page>
        <form-error-page>/jsp/security/login/error.jsp</form-error-page>
      </form-login-config>
    </login-config>