tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandros Kotsiras" <kotsi...@mediaondemand.com>
Subject RE: URLRewriting and Apache+tomcat
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:52:57 GMT
I tried both :

<LocationMatch \.jsp-sal;jsessionid= >
        SetHandler /sales/servlet/jsp-servlet
</LocationMatch>

and the other Idea that was posted  :

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
      RewriteEngine On

      # Force URLs with a jsessionid to go to Tomcat. Necessary because
      # Apache doesn't recognise that the semi-colon is special.
      RewriteRule	^(/.*;jsessionid=.*)$	$1 [T=/sales/servlet/jsp-servlet]
</IfModule>

None of them work . Apache still get's confused with the ";" and replies 404

But in case it works for somebody it looks to my that it will work only when
you invoke a page from an <A href
What if i click on reload/refresh ? Do i still have the same sessionID or a
new sessionID is assigned for every reload ? ?

-----Original Message-----
From: rafoo@free.fr [mailto:rafoo@free.fr]On Behalf Of Raphael Pierquin
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2000 5:45 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: URLRewriting and Apache+tomcat

Hi,

I had the same issue/config, it seems that apache doesn't  match URLs
ending in .jsp;jsession=... as jsp URLs. I guess that's why it doesn't
forward the query to tomcat and replies a 404.

Theese lines in my apache config file fixed it:

       <LocationMatch \.jsp;jsessionid= >
                SetHandler jserv-servlet
        </LocationMatch>

This might not be the cleanest way to solve the problem, but at least it
works.
Regards,
--
Raphael Pierquin