tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Beem Rickey L (Rick) CNIN" <bee...@crane.navy.mil>
Subject RE: NT Service dies on logout?
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 18:44:28 GMT
jk_nt_service does not work with JDK 1.3.  This is NOT a JDK problem as many
people seem to think.  It's a problem with jk_nt_service not ignoring the
logoff console event (CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT).  JNT at
http://www.eworksmart.com/jnt/ is working for me until jk_nt_service is
fixed.

I grabbed the source to see if I could fix the problem, and modified
jk_nt_service to ignore the logoff event, but there's another issue.
jk_nt_service runs Tomcat in a seperate process.  Because of this I can get
jk_nt_service to ignore the event but not the Tomcat process.

I think jk_nt_service can be fixed by ignoring the logoff event and using
JNI to start a virtual machine in the same process instead of creating a new
process.

-----Original Message-----
From: leak@gmx.at [mailto:leak@gmx.at]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 9:01 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: NT Service dies on logout?

Has anybody here had more luck with the jk_nt_service.exe
than I had? At first, it seems to work just fine, but as
soon as I log out, the service is stopped (dies?).

I'm using JDK1.3 on NT 4.0 SP6a, and Tomcat itself works
fine when started as a service. Still, on logging out the
service (jk_nt_service.exe _and_ java.exe) dies...

Any tips on what to do?

np: Autechre - Draun Quarter (Envane)

Sent through MailGateway - http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at:2000/
Send or read your emails anywhere.