tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bagerman, AlexanderX" <alexanderx.bager...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Loading applet in servlet generated page
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:46:08 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion. The only concern I have that we already have
CODEBASE parameter in the APPLET tag that I'm trying to use.

I have applets and servlets sharing some utility classes/packages. It only
works if I put these utility packages in my applet directory. Any way I can
make applets/servlets/utility packages "equal" members of the
source/distribution tree? Something like that

/src/servlets/...
/src/applets/...
/src/utility/...

and

/classes/servlets/...
/classes/applets/...
/classes/utility/...

-----Original Message-----
From: William Brogden [mailto:wbrogden@bga.com]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 9:22 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Loading applet in servlet generated page

"Bagerman, AlexanderX" wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm generating HTML pages via servlets. Some of the pages have applets
> embeded. I can not find a proper place for the applet.class files to load
> successfully.
>
> Browser error - applet.class can not be loaded/found
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex

I believe the solution to this - and also to locating image files,
etc. is to specify a "BASE" directory in web server relative terms
The <BASE> tag goes in the <HEAD> area and looks like:
<base href="http://yourserver/somdirectory/etc/" >
--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam