tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bagerman, AlexanderX" <>
Subject RE: Loading applet in servlet generated page
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:46:08 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion. The only concern I have that we already have
CODEBASE parameter in the APPLET tag that I'm trying to use.

I have applets and servlets sharing some utility classes/packages. It only
works if I put these utility packages in my applet directory. Any way I can
make applets/servlets/utility packages "equal" members of the
source/distribution tree? Something like that

-----Original Message-----
From: William Brogden []
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: Loading applet in servlet generated page

"Bagerman, AlexanderX" wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm generating HTML pages via servlets. Some of the pages have applets
> embeded. I can not find a proper place for the applet.class files to load
> successfully.
> Browser error - applet.class can not be loaded/found
> Any idea?
> Thanks,
> Alex

I believe the solution to this - and also to locating image files,
etc. is to specify a "BASE" directory in web server relative terms
The <BASE> tag goes in the <HEAD> area and looks like:
<base href="http://yourserver/somdirectory/etc/" >
WBB -  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam

View raw message