tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amos Shapira <amos.shap...@webcollage.com>
Subject RE: going from JServ to tomcat
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:03:01 GMT
Hi,

server.xml is sort of at the border between the "Tomcat"
configuration and the web-application configuration, the
<context> tags in it eventually tell Tomcat where is the
web-application (using docBase).

Under the docBase directory there should be a WEB-INF/web.xml file.
This is a per-web-application file which defines things like servlet
mappings, "load-on-startup" and application-wide parameters.
The web.xml file's DTD is defined as part of the Servlet 2.2 spec
(from java.sun.com)

Hope this helps,

--Amos Shapira
WebCollage