tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amos Shapira <>
Subject RE: Apache & Tomcat cooperation
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:56:49 GMT
> Now I guess I'd still have to have a look at the server.xml
> file at least if I
> want to specify to TomCat
> that I want Apache to process the static HTML files & images,
> wouldn't I?

Again, no first-hand experience with that combination, but I suspect
that what you need to do is to somehow tell Apache that NOT everything
under a certain URL path should be directed to Tomcat but rather only
.jsp and maybe other specific paths (e.g. URL's handled by servlets),
the rest should be processed by Apache without bothering Tomcat in the
first place.  Remember that each HTTP request is a separate "story" handled
by Apache first and then forwarded to Tomcat by Apache if Apache was told
to do that.

But that's just a hunch...

> Thanx anyway for your help.
> --mike