tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Pettit <>
Subject Dsitributed session help...
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:08:54 GMT

Hi All,

I'm working with Tomcat 3.1; my understanding is that load balancing is
working for that version. I'm trying to do a simple config with one instance
of apache load balancing between two instances of Tomcat.  That all seems to
be working, but I can't figure out how the get the sessions to be sticky.
The JSESSIONID cookies are appending the route identifier to the cookie
value (e.g. JESSIONID=To1020mC3453730581940907At.JS1), but subsequent
requests are equally likely to go to JS2 (and a new cookie ending in .JS2 is

The tomcat.conf file I'm using follows. Any help would be so very much

John Pettit

ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice
ApJServDefaultPort 8007

AddType test/jsp .jsp
AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp
Alias /examples /apps/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples
<Directory "/apps/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/examples">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
ApJServMount /examples/servlet balance://set1/zone1
<Location /examples/WEB-INF/ >
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all

# my own set of JServs for servlet zone "zone1"
ApJServBalance set1  JServ1
ApJServBalance set1  JServ2

ApJServHost JServ1 ajpv12://
ApJServHost JServ2 ajpv12://